Very Berry Oatmeal Jar


Another day, another amazing oatmeal in a jar recipe. These jars make it SO easy to enjoy a healthy and delicious breakfast or snack. One of my major concerns going back to work was if I was going to be able to keep my milk supply up and keep nursing little man. These jars are packed with oatmeal and flax seed which, (supposedly) help boost milk supply. I'm no doctor, but I think these foods work! I can happily report that my milk supply has stayed up and little man is growing and healthy. (I believe shakeo has something to do with that as well, but that's a story for another day. :) So, if you're a nursing mama or just someone who loves delicious food, you gotta try this delicious oatmeal jar for yourself! 

For this jar, I use blackberries and strawberries. I love the tart and sweet combination of these two fruits. 

 I usually prep a week's worth of jars so I can grab one everyday for work and have a few left over for extra snacks during the weekend. I line up all the jars so I can quickly add ingredients to each one. I add all of the dry ingredients, put in a little water to soak the oatmeal. Then add the greek yogurt and finish with the fruit on top. 

Aren't these pretty?! And delicious too, it's a win, win! 


Very Berry Oatmeal Jars 

ingredients
  • fresh strawberries (I use about a carton when I prep these for a week.)
  • fresh blackberries (Again, 1 carton is plenty for 7 days worth of jars.)
  • rolled oats (uncooked)
  • plain greek yogurt 
  • ground flax seed
  • peanut butter (make sure to use 100% natural/organic peanut butter)
  • honey  
  • water
instructions
  1. Set out empty jars. 
  2. Layer each jar with 1 yellow container of rolled oats. 
  3. Add 1/2 orange container of ground flax seed to each jar. 
  4. Mix the oatmeal and flax seed. 
  5. Add 1 teaspoon peanut butter butter to each jar. 
  6. Add 1 teaspoon honey to each jar. 
  7. Pour a bit of water into each jar (enough to completely soak the oats). 
  8. Layer 1/2 red container of greek yogurt to each jar. 
  9. Clean strawberries and blackberries. Cut strawberries and combine strawberries and blackberries.
  10. Top each jar with 1 purple container strawberry and blackberry mixture.
21 day fix container counts: 
1 yellow
1/5 red 
1 purple 
1/2 orange 
1 T

Comments