Make Ahead Chicken Sammys with Greek Veggie Topping


Good Morning! I ate one of these amazing little sammys for lunch every day last week and I decided I wanted needed to have them again this week. They are that good. The grilled chicken (thanks Nick) is filling and the greek veggie topping has a nice crunch. 


When I meal prep, I like to start by gathering all my "supplies". If you're new to the whole meal planning and prep thing, you're going to need to head out and buy some tupperware containers. 
"I'm just so fresh and clean." -veggies 

I prep about 6 sammys for the week. That way I have one for lunch each day at school and one for sneaky Saturday (if I don't have something ready and prepped Saturday I always end up snacking on junk=sneaky Saturday). 

Chicken Sammy with Greek Veggie Topping
Servings: 6

ingredients
  • 24 oz grilled chicken breast
  • 1, 4 inch 100% whole wheat sandwich skinny (I use the ones from Aldi!) 
  • cucumber, quartered (1 1/2 green containers, or 1 1/2 cups)
  • cherry tomatoes, halved (1 green container, or 1 cup)
  • spinach (3 green containers, or 3 cups)
  • red onion, diced (1/2 green container, or 1/2 cup)
  • garlic powder (for chicken and veggie mix)
  • pepper (for chicken)
  • paprika (for chicken)
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (The number of teaspoons you use depends on how many days worth of veggie mix you are prepping. For 6 days, use 2 tablespoons.)
  • feta cheese (3 blue containers, or 1 cup, divided)
instructions
  1. Rub chicken with pepper, garlic powder, and paprika (to taste).
  2. Grill chicken. 
  3. Combine cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, spinach, and red onion into a bowl. 
  4. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil. 
  5. Add garlic powder to taste. 
  6. Toss to combine veggies, olive oil, and seasoning. You want all those veggies to have a nice coating. 
  7. Lay out 6 prep ahead containers. 
  8. Add 4 oz of chicken to each container. 
  9. Top each chicken breast with veggie mix. (Try to get about the same amount of veggies on each chicken breast. :) 
  10. Sprinkle each meal with cheese. (Each meal should get about 1/2 a blue container.)
  11. Put bread thin in a ziplock and add to the prep ahead container. (The ziplock keeps it from getting soggy.)
21 day fix container counts: 
(1 serving)
1 green
1 red
1 yellow 
1/2 blue
1 t

Comments